Today is my three year anniversary. I am not talking about my hair, but my relationship with the wonderful Michael Johnson. So in honor of my anniversary; this post is things Michael has taught me about hair, life, and everything in between.
1. Inspire, Inspire and Inspire: What I love about Michael is that people flock to him. His personality just radiates a room and people love him. Life is measured by how many lives you have touched with your existence and he has taught me to be the person that people can run to and confide in.
2. Forgive Family: I have not always had a great relationship with my family. It actually wasn’t until Michael that I got close to my family. But you only get one family and holding on to the past stops the you from being able to build a future. I have watched him forgive and mend and forgive again. He has shown me that the strongest trait is being able to forgive despite what was done to you.
3. Rock the Fro: Ever since I went natural, Michael has always encouraged me to wear my fro. There were times when I was unsure about my hair and self-conscience and having him compliment me or suggest my fro made me love it even more. Now that my hair is growing and getting bigger, I miss having my easy wake up and moisturize twa. For a moment, even he started to rock his fro.
4. You Own the World: I spent plenty of my life just trying to get by and not living up to my full potential. I downplayed my talents and abilities. He taught me to never downplay what I can do. He believed in what I started (blogging, singing, school) and pushed me to keep going when I was ready to give up. He shows me that the world is mine and I have to take it by storm and show everyone what I am made of because standing in the shadow gets you overlooked.
5. Give Into Love: I have been failed by love many of times by plenty of people. I have always held back myself or who I was because I was afraid of getting hurt and being judged. Having someone love me unconditionally and accept me for who I am has really opened my eyes about love. I now know that there are many different versions of love and that someone can only love me the way they know how. I know that love is not easy but it is worth it in the end.
6. Take Risks, Take Chances, Make Adventure: You never know until you try, and getting the courage to try is half the battle. Michael has really helped me break out of my shell and be bold. I am doing things that I would have never done before. I have put myself out there and jumped into new situations only to benefit from everything in the end. Never be scared to go for something or try something new, you never know where it might land you.
7. The Best Memories are Recorded: Always document everything. There is no such thing as too many pictures or too many journal entries. One day you are going to want to look back and remember everything and the best way to do it is with a picture. I have tons of pictures of random events and memories and I cherish them all. Pictures are also good for a hair journey, I love looking back and seeing how far I have come and grown and changed.
I have learned a lot more from this amazing guy but I’ll save some for the next year. I am so glad that you chose me to be your partner and best friend. I am so happy that you have changed my life for the better. I appreciate you always believing in me and supporting me. I cherish every second that I have with you and I look forward to many more anniversaries down the line. I love you Michael Johnson, Happy Anniversary.