Love this. Glad that I have a few of these things already together and a few years to get it together. I have always been taught to chase after my dreams. I just learned how to love myself and see my own beauty not by others standards but by my own definition. I have also learned to fight for everything I want because not only am I a woman, but I am a black woman so NOTHING is going to come easy or fall into my lap.
1. Enough confidence to no longer feel the need to justify what she eats, who she dates or what she wears, not only to other people, but to herself.
2. The goal of a bank account with a few months’ living expenses in it, if she doesn’t have that already. Just in case.
3. Only the phone numbers, Facebook friends, weekend plans, and roommates she actually wants.
4. A best friend who is like a sister.
5. A space of her own.
6. A good idea of what she needs in a romantic relationship, not just what she wants, or what she thinks she needs, and the willingness to explore different people and other ideas to find what exactly that is.
7. A closet of what she considers to be her “staples,” and among these things, something to wear to an interview, funeral, wedding, impromptu Friday night drink at a casual bar…
View original post 409 more words